Thursday, August 17, 2006

Illustration Friday 081106 : Play

Click here for a larger version

Forty years ago, back in the days when I messed about with charcoal pencils and India ink, I had a helluva time drawing hands. (It was the era of Get Smart, and my attempts were often met with a derisive chorus of "The Craw! The Craw!") These days, it's only marginally easier, which is why I need all the practice I can get. (Have to put together an RLO on "glove use in infection control" shortly, so hands loom large on the horizon.)

Apart from a brief but intense addiction to Solitaire on my first pc in the early 90's, I'm not much of a card player. (Over the years, friends have attempted to teach me Bridge and Poker, but soon agreed with me that my talents lay elsewhere.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucrezia, this hand and the cards looks so real, great illo!

Joseph Chiang said...

i agree hands are very difficult to draw. but yours look fabulous!

Joseph Chiang said...

i agree hands are really difficult to draw. but yours looks fabulous! well done!